Sunday, August 24, 2014

Monster High Skelita Review!


Hey everyone!
Today, I'm going to be doing a review of Skelita Calaveras from Monster High. She's part of the Accessorize series. I took a bunch of pictures to show some details of this doll.
This is the box, off the shelf. She's displayed well, and you can see all of her accessories clearly. 

This is the back of the box. It has Skelita, and another character I'm not familiar with. It's a cute picture, and has the dolls pictured with all of her accessories that this doll comes with.


 This is her, out of the box, completely accessorized. She comes with a headband that's made of three flowers that are pink and blue. The sunglasses are a clear blue that look like cat eye glasses. The belt looks like it's made of bones, to go with whole skeleton themed doll. The purse is a Lucha Libre mask! I love the purse! I think it's one of the best things this doll has going for her. Her outfit is a top with a skirt, both look to be folklorica inspired material, keeping in theme.


This is her face, up close and personal. She's got a beautifully made up face with the Day of the Dead feel to her. She's got big beautiful eyes, and lips.
This is her, once you take her clothes off. You can see this clear plastic mold over her body, and that's to make clothes fill out better when she's on display. Since she doesn't have anything but bones for a body, I guess she kind of needs this to look better in her outfits.
As I said before, I wanted to show some detail. The hands are my favorite part of the skeleton body. Maybe it's because the hands are one of the smallest details that get passed up a lot. The arms are bone too!
The torso is pretty cool too. She's alllllll bones, folks. This doll would be great for customizing. I'm not going to do anything to her though. I think she's pretty awesome the way she is.
Her back is really cool looking. She's got a cool spine, shoulder blades, hip bones, and oddly butt cheeks.
 
Her feet are great. They didn't forget the feet to be boney!! The shoes!! The shoes are Lucha Libre inspired, obviously. They match the purse great, and are realistically appealing. If I could wear heels, I'd be a buyer.
So this is her, completely dress. Her limbs look and feel a little flimsy, but she's really well put together. She's not going to fall apart, as long as you take good care of her. She bends well, and bends at every joint. She is a great doll. I'm a huge fan of her, if you look at my other posts, there's a post on my other Skelita doll. I did recently decide to unbox that doll, and try to fix her hair, because it was a mess. It also had glue and lumps. but I'm working on it. I will not be doing anything to this dolls hair, because it's not THAT bad, and it's too much work. She's still displaying well, and I'm not that concerned.
That's it. That's my review on Skelita. I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope it gave you some info to inspire you to go buy a Skelita doll!  She's pretty much the only Monster high doll that I'm interested in. She's unique, and well designed. If you have any questions, or comments, leave them in the comment section below. Keep an eye on my blog, so you don't miss out on my next post!
Until next time,
Tonya@Woollyghoulie
 

1 comment: