Wednesday, January 8, 2014

As my collection continues to grow...

I'm finding it harder and harder to make room for my dolls. Since I keep them boxed up, they're awfully bulky. The TV series boxes take up more room than the regular full size, the Oopsies take up more room than them, (good thing I only have one right now) and the one I got today came in a huge box!! It's the collectors edition Goldie Luxe. She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!! So right now, I have them all lined up and in rows, not happy about that. I don't really have much choice. Our storage space in the house isn't very organized right now. I'll be getting rid of the Christmas tree and putting Christmas stuff away throughout the next couple days.. hopefully that will take care of the dolls being gobbed up like they are. I do have the dolls with hang tags on them all on the walls hanging. And even a few on the wall that don't have tags. I have one shelf up, I do have a couple more though. Just need to make room for these things.
So I was looking at storage ideas on Pinterest for dolls like Lalaloopsy and action figures. As much as I love ideas that people have on the subject, where the heck am I to get the money to do these things?! Peg board seems to be the way though. And you can do a lot with it to make it look neat. I think once we get our second room (currently storage) cleaned out, I'll just use peg board for the walls. I can paint them whatever colors we like, and we can display both of our collections there. That way we can enjoy our stuff, and have it organized in a fashion that we like.
I know I said I'd feature another doll or two today, and I will. But I was just hoping that someone that had the same issues that I do currently, will throw out some ideas or share their aggravations. I'd even like to know what kind of stuff people are collecting. Eventually, I'd like to possibly get into swapping out things with people. I just need to find a way to.do so, and it actually work out. That's something I'd like to do on my crafting blog. Something like a dish cloth swap or something.

Okay. So here's the doll I'm going to share tonight.
Picture courtesy of Lalaloopsy Wiki
Her name is Feather Tell-a-Tale. She was one of my Christmas gifts from Paul. I love this doll because she's not like the others. She has different hair than any others. I don't think that MGA Entertainment could use this hair again unless they made another Native American character doll. I can't imagine it working for any other themes. She has a test bear head totem, that I'm not real sure about. It's still cute, just not my favorite pet. She has a pink feather sticking out of the back of her head, and a purple head band that goes across her bangs. She's got braids and black button eyes. Her dress looks like.  Thin flannel type material, but that's also got it looking like it could be a leather dress. It's got blue fringe at the bottom and aztec like designs along the bottom. Her shoes are moccasins with what looks like reddish orange leg warmers. Her display in the box has a really pretty background. It's got a feather that's sticking out from the background, making it look like she's almost holding it. I realised I should probably be listing her Sewn on date and her personality and the thing she was made from.  Feather Tell-a-Tale was sewn on April 27th from a pair of moccasins and she's a nature-loving story teller. She likes braiding hair, doing crafts and telling stories. Makes once with the name and all.
Now, I like to look at the back of the boxes, and see what the sets that they have the dolls are made from. Mostly it's all craft supplies, and natural stuff like sticks. I read the idea for these dolls was based on recycling things, giving things a second life. I love that. I love to do that. I think that kids need to know that it's a positive thing, and doesn't make you less in society for being crafty and reusing stuff. It's popular now, but it doesn't mean it will stay that  when your kids are older and could use the skills to make do, or survive off the grid. I won't get carried away with that, but it's something that pops in my head occasionally. It something I'll touch base on in my other blog. Please share your thoughts and ideas on collections, storage, displaying, crafting, or anything else pertaining to my rambles!!!
Until next time,
Tonya@WoollyGhoulie





No comments:

Post a Comment