Sunday, January 12, 2014

Three New Lalaloopsy dolls for me!!!!!!

Like I said in my last post, I will be sharing three of my newly added lalaloopsy dolls.

1. Marina Anchors



 She had been on my wish list since the beginning of my collection. I thought she would go perfect next to Sailor Lalaloopsy. Little did I know she is kind of rare and expensive. I never wanted to spend a lot of money on these dolls. At least if I could keep finding them on eBay. But we found her for less than $20.00 at Wal-Mart. I guess I just got really lucky on that  trip. Marina has light blue pigtails held with red bows. She wears a red, white and blue sailor style dress with white shorts or pantaloons underneath it. She wears white socks and light blue sneakers that look like Chuck Taylor's. She has a little light blue whale pet with a sailors cap on. Her box is printed  with a nautical scene behind her. The waves look like they're made from iridescent fabric and shiny satin. There's a lighthouse behind her and a sailboat of  in the distance. It's very cute and looks like you can make it all with craft supplies. 
Her born on date is June 8th, she's sewn from a sailors uniform and she's a tidy girl. She's one of my favorites because I like the nautical theme. I love traditional Sailor Jerry style art and she kind of reminds me of that. 

2. Scarlet Riding Hood



Scarlet is one of the fairy tale dolls that Lalaloopsy has featured. I love the themes they give the dolls, especially if I grew up hearing the stories. I guess that's nostalgia. Scarlet has a very pretty pink hair in pigtails with a big red bow at the part of her hair on the side. Her eyes are black buttons, but they have grey highlights painted on. She wears a red scarf, a white and red shirt with a red, white and black jumper over it. She has a red and white plaid apron on too. She has white knee high socks with red and white hightop sneakers. Her pet is a cute little grey wolf with only one tooth. The background on her box is really neat. There's fabric trees with buttons, felt heart flowers, felt mushrooms, a fabric creek lined with little rocks and a little bridge made of sticks. The house pictured is cute, too. It looks like the roof has yarn for the shingles. Her born on date is May 18th, sewn from Red Riding Hoods cape and her personality is friendly and trusting. 

3. Sahara Mirage


 Sahara is also another favorite. Purple is one of my favorite colors, and she's coated in it. I love the bright colors this doll wears. She's in a pink, purple and gold trimmed genie outfit with cute little golden shoes. Her hair is a pretty purple with a gold tiara with pink gems. Her pet is a cute little camel that's got paisley molded on his body. He has a pink blanket on his back and a light pink tail on his orange body. He looks sleepy with his closed eyes. Her background in the box is probably the prettiest one I've seen. There's a purple glittery and shiny castle, what looks like little cushions, magic carpets, and a lot more glitter. It's all the purples and all the glitter a girl could ask for. On the back of the box, she has two little flowers by her eye, but the doll doesn't have them. The camel is also a little different. He's painted with paisley and flowers instead of being molded. I wonder if these were the original designs, and it was changed before they were released, or did some actually end up like that. Hmm. I'll have to go find out!! 
Sahara's born on date is January 13th, sewn from a genies veil and she's got a giving personality.  One of the prettiest boxes and dolls I've got =) 

On my next post, I'll fill you in on the Sahara Mirage mystery. Also, I'll be sharing another doll. I may take a break from the lalaloopsy bunch though. We'll see.
Until next time,
Tonya@WoollyGhoulie



No comments:

Post a Comment