Thursday, July 10, 2014

Factory Blythe Customization, first go round.

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to share something I've been working on for a couple months now.
I've re-rooted the hair, using Mohair I ordered from Living Dreams, on Amazon.com. The colors range from white, orange, pink and red. I wanted a kind of big hair look, and I think I achieved it with this! I also did her makeup. I sanded down her face, used eye shadow on her eyes and did a little lip carving. I didn't put any lip paint on her, because I like it better plain, for this doll. I finished it off with a Matte Sealer by Mod Podge. I'm waiting on the eye chips still, and I'll have to get a new eye much, because mine isn't changing anymore. There's an issue with one part that catches. It's not catching. I didn't want to do TOOOOO much to her, because I wasn't really comfortable with the carving or re-rooting. It was a lot of fun, working on her, and I got inspired by a wonderful Blythe blog called My Delicious Bliss. I love this blog. There's so much to look at and get inspired by. There's loads of information, and dolls on there that are very beautiful. I highly suggest it.
Once I get the eye chips, I'll take more pictures of her. I think my next one will be a Basaak doll, just to practice carving the lips and nose, maybe painting. I would like a clown or jester style doll. I'll be working on that next!
I also made the dress she's wearing, and I don't like it. I didn't use a pattern, just kind of winged it, and that's what I got. I'll make her a better one, I just need to take my time on it.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the post! I enjoyed posting it, and will be posting more soon! Keep your eyes open! Have a great night!
Until next tome,
Tonya@Woollyghoulie

No comments:

Post a Comment