Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New Lalaloopsy Color Me Review

Hi everyone,
I know it's been a couple weeks or so, but I believe it's completely worth the wait! Paul ordered the new Color Me dolls from QVC, and I did an unboxing!
Trace E. Doodles is a blank slate!

 
This is Trace E. Doodles! She came in a package that keeps her stabilized, and wastes a lot. Aside from that, she's well packaged.

 There's a LOT of work to get this doll out of the box. Everything is very securely attached. Very... Secure...
 
This is Trace E. Doodle out of the box, and with all of her accessories. She comes with a pet! Same kind of pet that the other dolls have, only you can draw on him! 
 The markers that are with this doll, are specially made for this doll. I wouldn't suggest using other markers on the Color Me dolls. Lalaloopsy created these dolls to work with these specific markers, and I think you should keep it that way. There's two stamps that come with the doll, along with a cleaning sponge. As far as I can tell, the sponge is just a sponge.
 I did a little coloring on her, just to see what it was like, and how it looked. The paint shows up super clear, it's vivid and bright. I used the yellow and the orange on her.
 However, the paint does take a few minutes to dry, and will make a smudge mess if you touch it. See? I got it on her dress, and it smeared her cheek.
 I really like the pink and purple markers. They show up great against the black. I'm glad the pets are made the same as the dolls. I like that they're blank and you can create your own Lalaloopsy.
 
When you go to clean the doll, it's quite messy. It smears and gets all over the place. Just take a dry cloth and wipe all the wet off of her, and you're good to go. The dress, I wouldn't mind putting in the washer on gentle, because the paint gets on the threads and won't just wipe off. All of the do's and don'ts are in the box, so just read the instructions before you play with her, unlike me. I just jumped right into it!
 
Now, for the good stuff... She's not made with the same sturdy feel as the other dolls. She doesn't weigh nearly as much, and she feels like she'd crack and get badly scuffed if she were to be dropped. Her whole body is a hard plastic that feels kind of cheap. I am not sure about this doll for a kid that plays hard with their toys. She has to be cleaned within 48hours of being drawn on or the paint might not come off all the way. Speaking of the paint, once you run out of paint, are there replacement markers? I'm not sure, I'll have to look for them. I'll let you know.
 
On another note, I love the way she looks. She has adorable hair, adorable shoes and an adorable dress. Lalaloopsy did well with the design of the doll. I wish I hadn't opened her because o don't think I'll be actively playing with this doll for very long. She displays well in the box and looks great. She looks completely different from any other dolls I have. So, with that being said, I'm leaving Squiggles N' Shapes in her box. I will not be doing a review of her other than maybe just a couple pictures of her packaged up.
 
In the end, I'm really glad that I got these new Lalaloopsy dolls, and found put what they were all about. I hope you enjoyed this unboxing and review of Trace E. Doodles! If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section below! Share my blog with your friends that collect toys! Follow my Twitter @woollyghoulie! Thanks for reading!
Until next time,
 
 


#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between my blog and MGAE. This could include MGAE providing me w/ content, product, access or other forms of payment.

Lalaloopsy Insiders Lalaloopsy Website

2 comments:

  1. Any luck finding replacement markers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order up to two sets of replacement markers from MGA directly. Just go to their website, www.mgae.com/entertainment-us/section/customer service/parts and order them there. I'm not sure how much they cost, because I haven't ordered any. They'll probably email you with a price. Thanks for askin!!!

      Delete